Monday, May 6, 2013

My book suggestions for Conversation #1, #2 and #3 in Week 3 are:

I heard that you enjoyed this title (Eat, Pray, Love) because it's a woman's search for self-knowledge, widening her horizons along the way.
I think you would enjoy "Walking Back to Happiness" by Christine Palmer
This book contains many of the same elements, an exciting foreign setting (Spain), a test of physical stamina (walking the Pilgrims Way - the Camino de Santiago), meeting many unusual characters along the way and an increase in self knowledge by the conclusion of the book.

Conversation #2
I hear that the reader did not enjoy the Twilight series because of the teenage angst and the slow pace.
I would recommend "A Discovery of Witches" by Deborah Harkness.
This love story between a witch and a vampire is fast paced, their initial distrust of each other and their families' hatred of the "other" make for a thrilling tale  and the historical settings and time travel are the icing on the cake.

Conversation #3
I hear that the reader likes a fast-paced true story and  winning against the odds.
I would recommend "Running for my Life", One Lost Boy's Journey from the Killing Fields of Sudan to the Olympic Games.
This inspirational story about Lopez Lomong taken by rebel soldiers at the age of 6 chronicles his life from a refugee camp to the Olympic running team. This life story is about courage and determination.

1 comment: